The holiday season and all it’s food is the best time, no matter what diet your on. But for me – stuffing is one of those foods that you just can’t remake. My mom makes the ultimate best stuffing, even knowing what’s in it I still think it was the best. And you just can’t recreate it – believe me. We tried when I went vegetarian. Now, I just get to smell all that goodness when she makes it. This is my flimsy attempt to get that same yummy feeling that her stuffing used to give me, but in a much healthier way. Hope you enjoy these vegan and gluten-free Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Elimination Diet Recipe.
Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, 8 servings
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
1/2 C Dry Red Quinoa
1 Pkg Frozen Cauliflower, defrosted
4 Medium Shallots, chopped small
3 Celery Stalks, chopped small
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Pkg Sliced Cremini Mushrooms, chopped small
1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
3 C Imagine Foods Low Sodium Vegetarian No-Chicken Broth
1. Let’s start with making holes in the sweet potatoes and place them in the oven. Now heat the oven until the potatoes become soft enough, it may takes 15 minutes.
2. Bring a small pan, add some water in it and let it boil. Add some quinoa in the water and put the lid on for thirty minutes. Take the lid off and check is the water gone? If yes, then it is done. Now, allow it to cool down.
3. Bring a saucepan and put in the chopped onions, mushrooms, and celery with broth. Take the defrosted cauliflower and put it in the pan after chopping it into small pieces.
4. Add more broth along with one spoon of poultry seasoning. Remove the heat when the mixture turns into brown.
5. Now, mash the potatoes with a spoon and put them into a pan along with pepper, quinoa, more broth, and poultry seasoning. Cook until everything is well merged and add more broth if required.
6. Spoon stuffing into the potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Now, let it bake for 25 minutes at 375 degree heat.
7. Serve and enjoy the delicious potatoes.