Effortless in preparation, golden in color and savory in flavor, this stuffed squash recipe is an easy, attractive and appetizing addition to any meal. Nourishing brown basmati rice combines with pungent feta and rich egg yolks in this unique offering.Sunny Side-Up Stuffed Squash
Servings: 4 person
- 2 small to medium acorn squash, halved & seeded
- 11/2 cups cooked white or brown basmati rice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper, or to taste
- 4 egg yolks
Directions: Sunny Side-Up Stuffed Squash
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place squash halves, cut side down in a 13″x9″ baking dish. Pour water around them about 1/2″ deep. Bake squash 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together cooked rice with feta and white pepper until well combined. Invert squash halves, leave in the same baking pan, and fill with rice feta mixture, pressing down to create a relatively smooth, rounded surface.
- Use a spoon to hollow out a small circle, about 1/2″ deep into the top of the stuffing. Slide an egg yolk into the hollow of each stuffed squash half.
- Spray some tin foil with olive oil or canola oil cooking spray. Cover baking pan loosely with the foil and return to oven to bake about 20 minutes or until egg yolks are just firm.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika and serve one stuffed squash half to each person.
Nutrition Info Per Serving (10 oz-wt.): 270 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 4g dietary fiber, 9g protein, 40g carbohydrate, 230mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium
Read original article here: http://www.organicitsworthit.org/make/sunny-side-stuffed-squash