A perfect alternative to black beans and rice
Did you know that quinoa is a nutty grain from South America? This recipe will introduce you to a new flavor and you won’t be able to ignore it for sure.
- Vegetable oil, one tbsp
- Cayenne pepper, one-quarter tsp
- Grounded cumin, one ts
- Chopped fresh cilantro, half cup
- Black beans, 15 ounce
- Frozen corn kernels, one cup
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped garlic, three cloves,
- Quinoa, half cup
- Vegetable broth, one and a half cup
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a pan and place it over medium heat after adding oil in it. Add onions and garlic in the oil and let it get brown before you remove the heat.
- Add quinoa into the onion mixture and mix them well. Now, cover the mixture with vegetable bowl and sprinkle cumin, pepper, and salt over the mixture.
- Place this mixture over heat and let it boil. Once it starts boiling, cover and reduce the heat. Let it simmer for 20 minutes until the broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Add frozen corn in the saucepan and stir continuously. Continue to simmer for about five minutes. Mix the black beans and cilantro