My teenagers love the Food Network and food magazines. They’re learning how to adapt recipes they find to use nutrient-dense ingredients. A few weeks ago, Abby found a recipe for Chocolate Mug Cake she wanted to try.
The recipe called for white flour, white sugar, and a microwave oven, so she adapted it herself using healthier ingredients and a regular oven. The result is … fantastic!
Since she found the recipe and made it on her own, I let her write this recipe so she can explain in a better manner. This recipe is an interesting one for your kids to try!
Before your share this recipe with your kids or start making it on your own, I would like to recommend that you should use organic ingredients only. Organic food is way better than conventional food when it comes to nutrients and safety. Eating organic food is completely safe and it provides more nutrients as compared to conventional. Apart from nutrients, it is safer to eat since it is grown without using any pesticides or chemical fertilizers, which are responsible for various diseases.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (use 2 tablespoons coconut oil if you’re dairy-free), melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoons milk (use coconut milk if you’re dairy-free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter or almond butter
Instructions – Chocolate Mug Cake
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Put everything into a large bowl and whisk a lot until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into an oven-safe mug or bowl.
- Put the cake into the oven for 23 minutes. Take the cake out. Eat the cake.
- Note: These instructions were written by my daughter, so that’s why the wording is a different than normal. 🙂
I only test the recipes on my site with the listed ingredients and measurements. If you would like to try a substitution, you are welcome to share what you used and how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks!
Read original article here: http://deliciouslyorganic.net/abbys-chocolate-mug-cake/