IF YOU KNEW THESE BENEFITS, YOU WILL GROW OKRA
Most people reaction towards the Okra is that it’s slimy and disgustingly gluey, and this slime seems to ooze out every time you start to cook it. There are of course some ways to reduce the slime when cooking the Okra, like adding lemon or lime juice as you boil it or just saute the okra for about 10-12mins should do the trick.
If you can get pass the slime of the Okra, this amazing vegetable holds the key to the many health benefits.
Read through what we think are the Top 3 benefits of the Okra and you might want to grow some.
- Help in maintaining a healthy weight loss program as Okra is low on calories, zero in cholesterol and saturated fats and rich in nutrients. It contains just 31 calories in 100 grams.
- Okra is high in dietary fiber making it a perfect as a natural laxative. The slime and fiber help maintain the pH balance in the digestive tract.
- For women planning for childbirth or who needs a high folates intake, 100 gr of Okra provides around 22% of the recommended daily folates amount.
Convinced of the benefits?
Watch the video below and start growing some yourself.
1. For full article please reference to: Top 10 Okra Health Benefits, May 10, 2015, BESTHH, Retrieved from <http://www.bestherbalhealth.com/top-10-okra-health-benefits/>
2. Featured Image Source <https://www.flickr.com/photos/>